With the tube channel strip series, a microphone, line and instrument preamplifier with passive EQ, QES offer for the professional
audio recording market reaches the highest levels.
PREQ-1: a Microphone-Line preamplifier with a passive LC Pultec-style EQ.
The two independent inputs and two independent outputs greatly increase the versatility of this piece of equipment, allowing a more flexible use of the two units (Preamp and EQ), which can be operated individually or simultaneously, widening the choice for your demanding applications.
An all valve-based equipment, entirely hand-crafted.
The components used are all selected with the strictest tolerance, and tested by ear.
- Microphone-line-instrument preamplifier, operated independently or in series
- Tube microphone preamplifier, LC passive equalizer
- Last generation solid state independently filtered and regulated plate and filament power supplies for minimum noise
- All tube audio circuitry
- Active Hi-Z Instrument input
- 2-band parametric EQ (Pultec EQP-1A style)
- Fixed EQ frequency selections for total recall
- Transformer balanced audio signal route
- Special High Mu Nickel core custom wound audio transformers
- Doubled copper deposit P.C.B., cutting trace resistance in half, for an improved signal integrity
- Ruggedized stainless steel 2U high chassis, rackmount
- Frequency response absolutely flat over the entire audio range and beyond
- Frequency response (+0/-1dB) : 20Hz — 45kHz
- C.M.R.R., 1kHz: >60dB
- Signal/noise ratio, ref. +20dBu, unwtd, 20kHz BW, 10kΩ load: ›80dB
- Maximum output level, THD 1%, load 10kΩ: +26dBu
- Mic input impedance: 1kΩ
- Line input impedance: 600Ω
- Instrument D.I. input impedance: 5 MΩ
- Direct output impedance: 600Ω
- EQ/Main output impedance: 600Ω
- Max Output level (MOL), mic preamp, gain 43.5dB, Rload 10kΩ, onset of clipping, direct output: 27.5dBu
- MOL EQ section, Rload 10kΩ, main output, onset of clipping: +30dBu
- Dimensions (W x H x D) inches : 19 x 3.46 x 11.81
mm: 483 x 88 x 300
- Net weight: 10kg (22 lbs)
- Shipping weight: 12kg (26.45 lbs)